The Autocom ICON is a very user-friendly multi-brand diagnostic device with SGW access. Together with a PC or laptop it becomes a powerful tool for the universal workshop.
The ICON with Cars software has an extensive database with wide coverage and access to Security Gateway systems. You register once on Autocom's SGW portal and as long as you have a valid licence, the SGW vehicles are unlocked by the Autocom software without the need to register with car manufacturers. At the moment these are:
- FCA (Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Jeep and Lancia)
- Mercedes Benz and Smart
- VAG (Audi, Cupra, Seat, Skoda and Volkswagen)
ICON is also available with Trucks software, in combination with the Cars software, but also as a stand-alone program.
For trucks, trailers and buses click HERE.
The Cars ICON is a highly efficient and intelligent workshop tool with functions such as Intelligent System Identification (ISI), Intelligent System Scan (ISS) and Intelligent System Updates (ISU). It is compatible with CAN FD, DoIP, Pass-Thru J2534 and Secure Gateway. You can very quickly perform service functions, repair and change settings for untold numbers of vehicles.
In order to use Pass-Thru J2534, you need to enter into a subscription with the respective car manufacturer. This can be very cumbersome and time-consuming. We advise you to contact Autoniveau or GMTO. Both Autoniveau and GMTO can completely unburden you with regard to applying for a J2534 license and get you started with the first steps of using the original manufacturer's software. Click on the logos below to go to the Autoniveau or GMTO website.
Also the ADAS systems can be calibrated both dynamically and statically with the software. For a static calibration you need a calibration frame with brand specific targets:
The ICON features include:
- Flight Recorder
- DoIP communication
- Pass Thru Communication (J2534)
- Secure gateway communication
- Built-in LED lights in EOBD plug for searching the connector
- Detachable cable with EOBD plug
- Multicolor indicator
The following features are built into the software as standard:
- Reading and erasing fault codes
- Viewing and recording live data (real-time data, parameters or measured value blocks)
- Actuator test
- Making adjustments
- Programming and coding
- Resetting the service indicator
- Calibrating ADAS systems (dynamic, static with targets, available at extra cost)
- Vehicle data decoding by chassis number reading
- Save and/or print complete reports
A very useful feature of the ICON is the built-in flight recorder. Set the parameters you want to record and save the configuration in the ICON. Connect the ICON to the vehicle. A trigger button to start recording can be found on the top of the device. Click HERE For an example file from the flight recorder.
Systems that can be diagnosed:
- Service interval
- Air conditioning
- Tyre pressure
With the ICON you can also diagnose older cars. Non-EOBD adapters are available as an option for the most common brands, such as VAG, PSA, Mercedes Benz, BMW, Renault, Fiat, Volvo, Saab etc.
If you have read out error codes, you can save or print them out. Click HERE For a sample file.
A fully automatic scan (ISS) of all systems in a vehicle is possible at:
Abarth, Alfa Romeo, Audi, Bentley, BMW, Chevrolet, Citroen, Dacia, DS, Fiat, Ford, Honda, Hyundai, Infinity, Iveco, Jaguar, Kia, Lancia, Land Rover, Lexus, MAN, Mazda, Mercedes, Mini, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Opel, Peugeot, Porsche, Renault, Saab, Seat, Skoda, Smart, SsangYong, Subaru, Suzuki, Toyota, Volkswagen and Volvo. (This depends on the year of manufacture)
Optionally, the software can be expanded with the function Guided Diagnosis. This allows you to solve faults more quickly. For more info click HERE.
Important help with encoding or programming ECUs is provided in the form of a text file. In such a file you will get the following help:
- When should I do this
- How should I do this
- What should I not do
- What are the requirements for this to be performed properly
As an example resetting the amount of injected diesel additive at Citroën or Peugeot:
Filling with diesel additive
Use this function to fill or replace the reservoir for diesel additive. The function resets the parameter for the total quantity of diesel additive injected from the additive reservoir (counter 2).
After replacing the additive pump or the additive reservoir, the additive pump must be activated 5 times to fill the tubes of the system.
- Filling with additive.
- Choose function: Fill with diesel additive.
- A dialog box indicates: Successful/failed Procedure.
- Press OK.
- Break the communication with the particle filter by returning to the main menu.
- Open the Brandstofdop for ten seconds within one minute.
- Restore communication with the system and check in data List 2 whether the total amount of diesel additive injected from the additive reservoir (counter 2) is set to zero.
To download a complete list of features, click HERE.
- Communicates with all the usual systems (CAN, SAE J1850, KWP 2000 etc.)
- Easy to use Dutch software
- Bluetooth or USB Communication
- Firmware upgradeable, updates automatically via internet
- Regularly updates available to subscribers
The Autocom ICON is delivered including 1 year software licence. This allows you to make online updates and use our support for one year. Without a valid licence, the system will continue to work, but certain functions will no longer be available:
The ICON comes standard with Bluetooth. This enables you to use the device up to 30 metres away from the vehicle. (This also depends on the Bluetooth adapter used in the PC/laptop). It is also possible to use the USB cable.
- Windows 10 or 11 (both 32 and 64 bit)
- Intel® i5 processor or better
- USB connection
- 8 Gb internal memory
- 16 Gb hard disk space (program)
- Resolution: 1440 x 900 or higher
- Internet Connection
- Adobe reader installed
- Sleep mode disabled