Advanced Driver Assistance Systems, or ADAS, are increasingly used to calibrate trucks these days.
Some examples of technologies used in the calibration of a truck with ADAS:
- ACC - Adaptive Cruise Control - Automatically adjusts the distance to a vehicle ahead by means of radar or laser detection.
- AEB - Autonomous Emergency Braking - Prevents a collision with a vehicle in front by means of an emergency braking system
- LDWS - Lane Departure Warning System - checks road markings by means of a camera and issues a warning if the road is deviated from.
- PDS - Pedestrian Detection System - detects pedestrians by means of a camera in front of and behind the vehicle.
- TLR - Traffic Light Recognition - Traffic lights are analysed.
- BSD - Blind Spot Detection - Gives an audible or visual warning if there is something in the blind spot.
If the windscreen is replaced, error codes are stored with regard to the calibration of the truck, the camera is replaced or changes are made to the chassis, a calibration of the camera and/or the radar will have to be carried out with ADAS.
Software for ADAS-based truck calibration
In a number of car makes, calibration of cameras and/or radars of trucks has to be done dynamically on the basis of ADAS diagnostic software. That is, a procedure must be started with the Autocom software and then a journey is made. These brands are:
- Iveco (truck and bus)
- Mercedes Benz (truck and bus)
The software for the dynamic calibration of a truck with ADAS is supplied as standard with the CDP+ system.
The following brands require calibration using a frame and calibration boards:
- MAN (truck and bus)
- Renault (truck and bus)
- Volkswagen Crafter
The frame is constructed in such a way that one can work with it quickly: calibration in only 10-15 minutes.
Click Here for a brochure of the ADAS system for the CDP+ Trucks.
Ask our specialists about ADAS calibration
The frame of a truck and bus is constructed in such a way that one can work with it quickly: calibration in only ten to fifteen minutes. Click Here for a leaflet on the ADAS system for calibrating the CDP+ trucks. Also read more about ADAS calibration of cars. Do you still have questions? You can reach our specialists at autodiagnosis software at DiagnosES in Winsum (near Groningen) by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org whether by the contact form to fill in.